Delicious Mexican Chicken Tacos
Serves 4 (approx. 1 14/ cup each) Prep Time 20 min. Cooking Time: 26 min.
I made these this “Mexican Meat” recipe from Autumn Calabrese’s new cookbook this week and used the creation to fill our corn tortilla tacos. They are kid approved and husband approved! Super easy and quick to make and I made extra to have for leftover salads or tacos or wraps during the week.
1 tsp. olive oil
1 med. onion, chopped
2 med. jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb. raw ground 93% lean turkey breast
1 tsp. ground chipotle chili powder (or 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder)
1 tsp. dried Mexican oregano leaves
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
3 Tbsp. all-natural tomato past, no salt added
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Add online and jalapeños; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a medium bowl; set aside.
- Add turkey to the same skillet; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up the turkey, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the turkey is not longer pink.
- Season with chili powder, oregano and salt
- Add onion mixture, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, or until most liquid evaporates.
Serve with 2 corn tortillas, 1 cup shredded lettuce, and 2 tbsp. salsa, a bit of avocado
Source: Portion Fix by Autumn Calabrese