Spinach Salad with Quinoa, Chickpeas, and Paprika Dressing
Total Time: 4 hrs. 26 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 16 min.
Yield: 12 servings, about 1 cup each
1½ cups dry quinoa
Sea salt (to taste; optional), divided use
¼ cup sherry wine vinegar
2½ tsp. paprika
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups raw baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
2 (15-oz.) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
1 medium cucumber, unpeeled, chopped
2½ cups halved cherry (or small heirloom) tomatoes
1 cup fresh mint leaves
¾ cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese, divided use
1. Place quinoa in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1-inch. Season with salt if desired. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and gently boil for 15 to 16 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Drain if there is excess liquid. Chill, covered in the refrigerator, for 4 hours or until cool.
2. Combine vinegar, and paprika in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; slowly whisk in oil to blend. Set aside.
3. Combine spinach, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, and ½ cup cheese in a large bowl; mix well.
4. Add cooled quinoa to spinach mixture; toss gently to blend.
5. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to blend.
6. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese over salad; serve immediately.