Gluten-free Artichoke Hummus and Simple Hummus
I just love hummus and there are so many different recipes to play around with that one can never get bored. I have always been fond of artichoke dip at parties but it isn’t the healthiest appetizer for you so I think this would be a great substitute! Let me know what you think!
- 2 artichoke hearts
- Olive oil
- Simple Hummus (recipe below)
1) Dice 2 artichoke hearts and mix with basil and olive oil; then place on top of the Simple Hummus.
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tahini
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
1) Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Source: Go Gluten-Free Magazine, Winter 2013