Water – Making Sure You Are Getting Enough
You have heard the old saying, “drink 8 – 8 oz. cups per day” – and this is still a valid saying. Another easy way to remember is to divide your weight in half and drink half your weight in ounces. Some signs of dehydration are when you have a craving, a headache, are constipated, hungry, etc. Water is so healthy for you, so easy, so free yet so easily overlooked. Your body is about 60-70% water, the majority of your blood and every cell in your body is made up of water. Therefore, you need water in order to function properly.
If you want to get less headaches and clearer skin, try increasing your water intake.
Not one person is the same, so the amount of water for each person is very individual, but if your pee is dark in color or you have any of the symptoms I mentioned in the first paragrach, you most likely aren’t getting enough water. Listen to what your body needs.
If you are like me, and don’t care much for the taste of… nothing, then you can add a squirt or slice of lemon, a squeeze of lime, a few sprigs of fresh mint or a cucumber or orange slice. What ever gets you to drink it up. Let’s hear it for good health!
Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water:
- Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels also go sky high!
- Removes by-products (toxins) of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger, raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
- Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
- Moisturizes your skin, keeping it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Reduces wrinkles. It’s the natural best anti-aging treatment for all!
- Aids in digestion as water is essential to process your food and prevents constipation.
- Someone who chugs water is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the most of the time? Drinking lots of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
- Helps get rid of and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
- Proper hydration helps keep joints (like knees) lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
- When the body is functioning at its absolute best, you will feel great and be happy!
10. Water usually has no cost! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and high calorie foo foo drink!